Moving can often get hectic. To reduce stress and make the entire process simpler, many people opt for professional packing services. Truth be told, even if you don’t have much stuff, things can get really overwhelming fast, and taking advantage of a good moving and storage service will save you from a lot of stress.
Still, the process of finding the best packing and moving companies is crucial if you really want to get the best services for the money. On that end, high-quality lifestyle, moving & storage services in New York are a must.
In this blog post, we will go through all the necessary things you need to take into consideration when choosing the best moving and storage service.
What You Get with Home Packing Services
When choosing an option from the best packing and moving companies in your area, look for those firms that let you customize the packing services. Most companies offer different tier-level options such as:
- Basic Moving Packages: This is a rather inexpensive package that takes care of the basics, as the name entails. Companies will send professional packers to your home who will pack your things safely and effectively. Most of the time, the basic package will cover the pack up of difficult household items, like your glassware, TV, antiques, china, and so on.
- Per-Room Packages: Look for moving companies as services like this if you only need to have one room packed up. Need to clean up the basement or the attic? These services can help you take the load off by letting professionals to do at least a part of the work. It’s a good option if you want to save some time while still doing a portion of the packing yourself.
- Full Home Packages: These are the top-of-the-line home packing services. If you opt for these, the professionals will pack everything up, may that be your clothes, silverware, kitchen appliances, etc. These are the most expensive services but are ideal for those who want something fast, professional, and efficient.
Apart from these, you may be able to customize your professional packing services even further. Some companies enable you to choose whether you’d like to provide your own packing materials or let them handle that too. Needless to say, if you get the packing supplies, the overall costs will be cheaper, but most companies will provide highly specialized boxes that will also keep your valuables safer.
The Costs of Professional Packing Services
You may think that doing the job alone is the cheapest option, and in theory, it probably is. However, when you’re doing something alone, you are always running the risk of dropping or damaging something that’s fragile. Moving is a stressful process, and hiccups are bound to happen. While hiring a professional moving and storage service provider may seem like an unnecessary expense, they can save you both time and money, not to mention headaches, in the long run.
Also, these services can be quite affordable.
For starters, decide on the type of services you will go with. As mentioned before, the basic package will be the cheapest, but there are perks to every services level. Most firms will decrease the hourly rates when you hire more packers for a longer time, so it can make sense to book more hours for several rooms, especially if you opt for a per-room package. National averages per hour and per packer can cost around $60 – $80, but these will vary depending on the area you live in and the packing options you choose from. Environmentally-friendly packing supplies and reusable boxes tend to increase the price.
Before settling for a company, do your research. Ask your potential partners about their rates, the type of services they offer, and the perks they can provide. Different companies might charge differently for supplies or they might give you discounts.
Also, setting a moving budget can help you with making a smart decision. This way, you can avoid overspending.
Still, the best way is to have someone from these companies come over to make an assessment of your home. These experts will take a good look at every room and will help you determine the number of packers and boxes you might need and for how long. If you want to get the most accurate quote, this is the way.
Home Packing Services – Considerations
While cost is a crucial factor in choosing the best team of experts for the job, it’s not the only aspect. There are quite a few more considerations when it comes to finding the best packing and moving companies, and here they are:
- Insurance: All professional movers carry a certificate of insurance, which can go a long way in easing your stress, especially if you have a myriad of valuable items in your home. When you are doing the packing all alone, there’s no insurance and let’s face it, most people aren’t professional packers, upping the chances of accidentally breaking something in the process, no matter how careful they are.
- Privacy: People who perform home packing services have seen it all, so you don’t have to be ashamed of anything. Maybe you become shy when somebody sees your toy car or doll collection. Professionals won’t judge. However, if you are uncomfortable with the thought of strangers packing your things, then you might want to pack these “delicates” alone.
- Additional Expenses: As we mentioned above, costs can vary greatly, so your best bet is to do your research before choosing a company. With some firms, additional costs can add up fast, exceeding your pre-planned budget. Make sure that you ask about every detail before hiring a firm, and consider other expenses like the actual transport, unpacking, and more.
- Unpacking Services: Here’s one crucial element you’ll need to consider. The team you hired for packing can actually help you with unpacking as well. Still, keep in mind that these experts won’t necessarily put your things the way you’d want them in your new home. Still, it can be a good start for designing your new interior.
Professional Help can Go a Long Way
By now, you can see that if you opt for the right company, you can save money, time, and effort, making the entire moving process more streamlined and less stressful. It’s important to take everything into consideration before making a decision. Commit to establishing a budget and researching your options. If you don’t mind doing the lion’s share of the work by yourself, you can always opt for a basic or a per-room package.
On the other hand, if you don’t really have the time and the focus to get the job done, it’s probably a smarter idea to hire a professional team to get the work done efficiently. And if you are looking for expert movers who understand that moving isn’t just a process but a huge change, you owe it to yourself to reach out to us.
We will do everything to ensure that your fresh start will be your best start as well.